REPORTS TO: CTO
Tealbook is a fast-growing big data and software company that fixes company’s supplier data, forever. Founded by our CEO, Stephany Lapierre, a sought after industry leader on innovation, Tealbook quickly attracted early pioneers in the AI and Machine Learning technology community who helped build industry-leading products at Google, Ariba, and IBM. Recent growth has lead to spurred investment from some of the premiere tech names – including Workday Ventures. Tealbook is cementing its position as the trusted source of supplier data and has already won prestigious awards like: Top 50 to Watch by Spend Matters and the Cool Vendor award by Gartner. We’re looking for the go-getters that dream big and want to collaborate in building the future. If this sounds like you, then come work for one of the fastest growing teams in technology.
You are an active collaborator who is
passionate about building on new ideas and creating the best result. You are
interested in Big Data management, and you have experience with building and
supporting mission critical systems. You thrive in dynamic and fluctuating environments and you keep calm
under pressure and are able to work autonomously. You challenge the status quo
and inspire others to do the same. You fix things that need fixing, you
identify problems and you collaborate in finding solutions.
What you’ll do
- Interact with product managers and front-end developers to design and deliver services and architectures for new functionality
- Ensuring our APIs use best practices to deliver secure access to our data and services
- Ensuring our code is of high quality through code reviews, coding best practices, automated testing etc…
- Ensuring our data representations model the business objects in a manner that’s both extensible and performant
- Architect and implement the cloud strategy for our SAAS application
- Maintain and improve tools for building, testing, releasing our application on Google App Engine or similar products
- Supervise the writing, testing and running of migration patches
- Support the migration of data in a safe and efficient manner
- Support and mentor less experienced team members
- Contribute to the maturation of our processes and culture as the organization grows
- Background in Computer Science, algorithms and data structures
- Experience with start-up / growth companies is an asset
- Experience working on large scale distributed systems on a runtime environment such as NodeJS
- Experience building APIs to provide secure access to data and services
- Experience working with cloud computing platforms such as Google cloud platform (GCP).
- Ability to both lead and work well within a diverse team in a flat organization.
- Customer focused
- Desire to take ownership and responsibility for the full lifecycle of our products and services.
- Care about the quality of the products that you build and experience with automated testing and other tools/techniques for building high quality solutions.
- Time management skills required to thrive in a flexible work environment
- Interested in personal and professional growth opportunities
Nice to Have
- Familiar with NoSQL and Data Warehouse or SQL services such as Datastore and BigQuery
- Experience with security audits such as SOC2 or the IT requires inherent in delivering an enterprise application
- Experience with enterprise SAAS applications with production and development environments
- Experience with enterprise search and related tools such as Elastic search
- Experience with ReactJS, HTML and other front-end technologies
Why do you want to be apart of Tealbook:
- We are a collective of people and collaboration is key to our process.
- We don’t work for our clients, we work with them. We’ve helped companies such as Biomarin and Humana.
- Everyone brings something valuable to the table and we empower each other to be a change-maker.
- We treat our employees the same way we treat our customers – with value, respect and empathy.
Our mission is to be the trusted source of supplier data in the procurement industry.
Stay happy, healthy & make meaningful connections at Tealbook:
- HQ located in the heart of Downtown Toronto (Spadina/Richmond) & (Fueled Collective) in Cincinnati
- Yoga Tuesdays
- Quarterly team events: summer picnics, escape rooms and more!
- $1000 referral bonus
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only candidates selected to proceed in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Tealbook is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.