POSITION: Customer Success Manager
REPORTS TO: VP Customer Success
DIRECT REPORTS: N/A
Tealbook is a fast-growing big data and software company that fixes company’s supplier data, forever. Founded by our CEO, Stephany Lapierre, a sought-after industry leader on innovation, Tealbook quickly attracted early pioneers in the AI and Machine Learning technology community who helped build industry-leading products at Google, Ariba, and IBM. Recent growth has led to spurred investment from some of the premiere tech names – including Workday Ventures. Tealbook is cementing its position as the trusted source of supplier data and has already won prestigious awards like: Top 50 to Watch by Spend Matters and the Cool Vendor award by Gartner. We’re looking for the go-getters that dream big and want to collaborate in building the future. If this sounds like you, then come work for one of the fastest growing teams in technology.
You are a world-class Customer Success Manager who can ensure positive and meaningful customer experiences, protecting the health and well-being of Tealbook’s rapidly expanding customer list, from the pre-onboarding discovery phase, through renewal, and beyond. You will play a critical role in helping customers achieve their Procurement and Supply Chain goals by leveraging Tealbook data and technology, and use your strong customer-facing experience to work collaboratively with them and ultimately create champions of the Tealbook product and brand. You are a self-starter with strong relationship management, organizational and project management skills, who is willing to roll up your sleeves and get the job done. You have experience building and maintaining successful client relationships. A quick learner with an aptitude for identifying areas for improvement and quickly closing those gaps. You’re passionate about people and a creative, empathetic problem solver.
What you’ll do
- Quickly become an expert in Tealbook’s product and offerings
- Assist customers in realizing the full value of Tealbook and serve as a trusted advisor focused on their success
- Own the customer relationship from onboarding and beyond
- Work with the Adoption Manager to effectively and efficiently onboard and activate new customers, demonstrating quick wins within the first 60 days of onboarding
- Define and maintain success plans for customers that outline the desired business outcomes, metrics for success (KPIs) and be able to speak to Tealbook’s existing offerings in alignment with customer goals and objectives
- Explore creative ways to help our customers be more successful
- Use a proactive, solutions-oriented approach to anticipate and prevent customer pain points
- Assist with maintaining knowledge base articles and video tutorials for our self-help center
- Identify opportunities to upsell products and services where appropriate
- Stay current with product features and enhancements
- Prepare for and conduct quarterly business reviews with customer, as appropriate
- Maintain deep understanding of competitive and complementary technologies and vendors and how to position Tealbook in relation to them
- Maintain high levels of customer engagement and satisfaction with a focus on customer dedication and loyalty
- Work with the Adoption manager to expand product adoption across their organization, building champions every step of the way
- Help obtain referenceable customer success stories (with both qualitative and quantitative results)
- Demonstrated ability working collaboratively across the organization to achieve results important to your customers (Collaborate and partner effectively with our solutions consultant, product managers, dev team, sales, marketing and support)
- Regularly meet with customers and delivery teams to ensure regular oversight of progress, quality, and overall customer satisfaction
- Communicate client concerns, questions, conflicts, and resolution to Tealbook Leadership
- Drive new business growth through greater advocacy and reference-ability
- A minimum of 3 years of customer-facing experience in a CSM function, account management, consulting, or client service role
- Passionate about your customers’ success
- Ability to handle challenging customers or situations and drive to mutually agreeable outcomes
- Experience facilitating meetings, delivering executive and compelling presentations and resolving conflict with resources at all levels
- Excellent account leadership, management and coordination skills with a bias for action
- Effective communicator both written and verbal
- Ability to work creatively and analytically to solve problems
- Ability to manage ambiguity and synthesize complex information into meaningful messages and recommendations
- Experience in the tech industry is an asset
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Flexibility to travel to your customers as and when required
Why do you want to be a part of Tealbook:
- We are a collective of people and collaboration is key to our process.
- We don’t work for our clients, we work with them. We’ve helped companies such as BioMarin, UK Government, and Federated Co-operatives Ltd.
- Everyone brings something valuable to the table and we empower each other to be a change-maker.
- We treat our employees the same way we treat our customers – with value, respect and empathy.
Our mission is to be the trusted source of supplier data in the procurement industry.
Stay happy, healthy & make meaningful connections at Tealbook:
- HQ located in the heart of Downtown Toronto (Spadina/Richmond) & (Fueled Collective) in Cincinnati
- Yoga Tuesdays
- Quarterly team events: summer picnics, escape rooms and more!
- $1000 referral bonus
If this sounds like a good fit for you, connect with email@example.com with “Customer Success Manager” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only candidates selected to proceed in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Tealbook is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.