POSITION: Senior Python Developer
REPORTS TO: CTO
Tealbook is a fast-growing big data and software company that fixes company’s supplier data, forever. Founded by our CEO, Stephany Lapierre, a sought after industry leader on innovation, Tealbook quickly attracted early pioneers in the AI and Machine Learning technology community who helped build industry-leading products at Google, Ariba, and IBM. Recent growth has lead to spurred investment from some of the premiere tech names – including Workday Ventures. Tealbook is cementing its position as the trusted source of supplier data and has already won prestigious awards like: Top 50 to Watch by Spend Matters and the Cool Vendor award by Gartner. We’re looking for the go-getters that dream big and want to collaborate in building the future. If this sounds like you, then come work for one of the fastest growing teams in technology.
You are an active collaborator who is
passionate about building on new ideas and creating the best result. You are
interested in Big Data, and you have experience with building and supporting
mission critical systems. You
thrive in dynamic and fluctuating environments and you keep calm under pressure
and are able to work autonomously. You challenge the status quo and inspire
others to do the same. You fix things that need fixing, you identify problems
and you collaborate in finding solutions.
What you’ll do
- Take ownership of our data platform and take charge of evolving it to meet our growing needs.
- Work with the data scientists to productize and enhance our natural language processing algorithms.
- Work with our data scientists on our machine learning cloud strategy.
- Owner for machine learning API infrastructure include managing production and development versioning and testing.
- Work with the team on ETL pipelines to pull public data sources and web crawlers.
- Background in Computer Science, algorithms and data structures
- Strong Python programming skills
- Experience working on large scale distributed systems
- Experience working with cloud computing platforms such as Google cloud platform (GCP)
- Ability to both lead and work well within a diverse team in a flat organization.
- Customer focused
- Desire to take ownership and responsibility for the full lifecycle of our products and services
- Care about quality of the products that you build and experienced with automated testing and other tools/techniques for building high quality solution
- Experience with start-up / growth companies is an asset
- Experience mentoring new hires and/or leading teams
- Time management skills required to thrive in a flexible work environment
- Interested in personal and professional growth opportunities
Nice to Have
- Familiar with NoSQL and Data Warehouse or SQL services such as Datastore and BigQuery
- Interested in natural language processing (NLP), machine learning (ML) or artificial intelligence (AI)
- Experience with enterprise SAAS applications with production and development environments
- Experience contributing to, or using, open source software
- Experience with web crawlers and related tools such as Scrapy
- Experience with enterprise search and related tools such as Elastic search or Solr
Why do you want to be apart of Tealbook:
- We are a collective of people and collaboration is key to our process.
- We don’t work for our clients, we work with them. We’ve helped companies such as Biomarin and Humana.
- Everyone brings something valuable to the table and we empower each other to be a change-maker.
- We treat our employees the same way we treat our customers – with value, respect and empathy.
Our mission is to be the trusted source of supplier data in the procurement industry.
Stay happy, healthy & make meaningful connections at Tealbook:
- HQ located in the heart of Downtown Toronto (Spadina/Richmond) & (Fueled Collective) in Cincinnati
- Yoga Tuesdays
- Quarterly team events: summer picnics, escape rooms and more!
- $1000 referral bonus
If this sounds like a good fit for you, connect with firstname.lastname@example.org with “Senior Python Developer” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only candidates selected to proceed in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Tealbook is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.