POSITION: Senior Product Manager
REPORTS TO: CTO
Tealbook is a fast-growing big data and software company that fixes company’s supplier data, forever. Founded by our CEO, Stephany Lapierre, a sought after industry leader on innovation, Tealbook quickly attracted early pioneers in the AI and Machine Learning technology community who helped build industry-leading products at Google, Ariba, and IBM. Recent growth has lead to spurred investment from some of the premiere tech names – including Workday Ventures. Tealbook is cementing its position as the trusted source of supplier data and has already won prestigious awards like: Top 50 to Watch by Spend Matters and the Cool Vendor award by Gartner. We’re looking for the go-getters that dream big and want to collaborate in building the future. If this sounds like you, then come work for one of the fastest growing teams in technology.
You are an active collaborator who is
passionate about building on new ideas and creating the best result. You thrive in dynamic and
fluctuating environments and you keep calm under pressure and are able to work
autonomously. You challenge the status quo and inspire others to do the same.
You fix things that need fixing, you identify problems and you collaborate in
What you’ll do
- Work with the executive team and other stakeholders to understand and contribute to the vision and strategy for the company
- Work with customer success, customer support, sales and activation teams, and directly with customers, to understand existing and prospective customers priorities and opportunities
- Document the roadmap and communicate to stakeholders seeking to build buy-in
- Provide one-pager documentation to development for major features explaining what, why and for who
- Work with developers to convert features ideas into actionable tasks
- Work iteratively with designers as they prototype new user interfaces for major features
- Answer questions during implementation about details and priorities working with leads to ensure all tasks are complete and that collectively they meet the requirements
- Regularly take part in development team scrums to understand the status and to help remove blocks related to requirements
- Define KPI to measure the success of new products and features
- Work with user experience researchers to understand how users are interacting with the application and areas for improvement
- Take part in communicating product updates internally, and potentially externally, including written technical documentation and presentations
- Expert on product capabilities able to support internal teams with tasks requiring product knowledge such as RFP responses or how to roll out a new feature
- Introduce a more data driven decision making process to complement user research
- Investigate tools to build a community with clients around feature requests, feature status, bug reports/status
- Contribute to a high-trust, collaborative, high-performing accountable culture
- Good listener. You can understand and reflect others points of view in technical and business conversations regardless of whether you agree with them.
- Good judgement. You process quantitative and qualitative information and arrive at well-reasoned conclusions. You have a history of being right more often than you are wrong.
- Good technical writer able to produce documentation for internal and external audiences
- Good at navigating conflicting demands from different stakeholders working towards consensus but not afraid to make an unpopular decision
- Good presentation skills to internal and external audiences
- Ability to work well with others and lead in cross functional roles
- Technical capability to work directly with development leads, write actionable specifications and capture enough information from business stakeholders to support the development team in areas such as information architecture and business process flow.
- Deep procurement knowledge or proven ability to learn
- Understanding of modern enterprise software and ideally experience with consumer software
- Work well in flat agile organizations
- Have exposure to lightweight product development methods such as user story mapping or rapid prototyping
- Customer first mindset
- Strong intuition and passion for great user interfaces
- Experience building a first of its kind product that’s defining a new category as
Why do you want to be apart of Tealbook:
- We are a collective of people and collaboration is key to our process.
- We don’t work for our clients, we work with them. We’ve helped companies such as Biomarin and Humana.
- Everyone brings something valuable to the table and we empower each other to be a change-maker.
- We treat our employees the same way we treat our customers – with value, respect and empathy.
Our mission is to be the trusted source of supplier data in the procurement industry.
Stay happy, healthy & make meaningful connections at Tealbook:
- HQ located in the heart of Downtown Toronto (Spadina/Richmond) & (Fueled Collective) in Cincinnati
- Yoga Tuesdays
- Quarterly team events: summer picnics, escape rooms and more!
- $1000 referral bonus
If this sounds like a good fit for you, connect with email@example.com with “Senior Product Manager” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only candidates selected to proceed in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Tealbook is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.