POSITION: Office Manager / EA
REPORTS TO: CFO in the interim
Tealbook is a fast-growing big data and software company that fixes company’s supplier data, forever. Founded by our CEO, Stephany Lapierre, a sought after industry leader on innovation, Tealbook quickly attracted early pioneers in the AI and Machine Learning technology community who helped build industry-leading products at Google, Ariba, and IBM. Recent growth has led to spurred investment from some of the premiere tech names – including Workday Ventures. Tealbook is cementing its position as the trusted source of supplier data and has already won prestigious awards like: Top 50 to Watch by Spend Matters and the Cool Vendor award by Gartner. We’re looking for the go-getters that dream big and want to collaborate in building the future. If this sounds like you, then come work for one of the fastest growing teams in technology.
You are an organized, resourceful and proactive team member with high spirits and
great initiative. As Tealbook’s Office Manager/EA, you are responsible for
ensuring our office is a well-oiled machine, and will play a large role in
making sure all employees are on-boarded and off-boarded effectively. You
thrive in dynamic and fluctuating environments and you keep calm under pressure
and are able to work autonomously. You challenge the status quo and inspire
others to do the same. You fix things that need fixing, you identify problems
and you collaborate in finding solutions.
What you’ll do
Our new Office Manager / EA is customer service focused, takes the initiative, while also being flexible and creative on the best ways to execute.
- General administrative
- Manage executive calendars and meeting requests, coordinating appointments and ensuring everything runs in a smooth, timely manner
- Assist executive team with any inquiries or requests, when necessary
- Monitor office security, ensure office equipment, meeting spaces and employee facilities are in proper working order
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements for the Tealbook Team and manage relationships with travel agencies, hotels and other service providers
- Screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence
- Preparing presentations, documents, and other reports for the Executive Team
- Scheduling board meetings
Office Manager Duties:
- General administrative support:
- Greet all visitors to the office and help direct them to the appropriate person or meeting room
- Help manage calendar invites as part of internal meetings within the organization
- Organize and coordinate space set up and teardown for weekly team meetings, special events, and visitors in the office
- Plan and coordinate inspiring team outings and events (off-site retreats, holiday parties, etc.)
- Manage staff gifts for anniversaries and
- Office operations support:
- Creating, implementing and maintaining systems and processes for everything office related
- Manage inventory for everything office related
- Alongside HR, support employees throughout the employee on-boarding and off-boarding (overseeing all equipment and desk set up, maintaining up to date staff roster, enrolling staff in benefits program, and creating staff email and other accounts)
- Assist the organization’s HR department with recruitment (job postings, phone screens, the coordination of interviews)
- Oversee in-bound mail and bank deposits
- Managing and reporting
- Assist Finance Department with expense analysis
- Acting as a liaison and first point of contact with internal and external customers, vendors, and team members, interacting with them in a professional and timely manner
- Managing and maintaining Tealbook office budget and filing monthly expense reports for all office costs
- Roll up your sleeves and dive into whatever else comes up
- 3+ years of experience in Office Management / Executive Assistant type roles
- Ability to stay calm under pressure and work in a fast paced environment
- Strong work ethic and sense of responsibility and confidentiality
- Exceptional organizational
and time management skills:
- Prioritizing and planning work activities as to use of time efficiently while handling a high volume, diverse workload
- Multitasking; being able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- High levels of initiative,
flexibility, and responsiveness:
- Being able to learn and adapt quickly, while facing continuously changing demands
- Great attention to detail and high levels of thoroughness
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Exceptionally resourceful, self-sufficient, punctual, and reliable
- Experience in the tech industry and/or agency is an asset
Why do you want to be apart of Tealbook:
- We are a collective of people and collaboration is key to our process.
- We don’t work for our clients, we work with them. We’ve helped premier companies like Biomarin and Humana.
- Everyone brings something valuable to the table and we empower each other to be a change-maker.
- We treat our employees the same way we treat our customers – with value, respect and empathy.
Our mission is to be the trusted source of supplier data in the procurement industry.
Stay happy, healthy & make meaningful connections at Tealbook:
- HQ located in the heart of Downtown Toronto (Spadina/Richmond) & (Fueled Collective) in Cincinnati
- Health benefits: competitive medical, dental and vision coverage
- Yoga Tuesdays
- Quarterly team events: summer picnics, escape rooms and more!
- $1000 employee referral bonus
If this sounds like a good fit for you, connect with email@example.com with “EA & Office Manager” in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only candidates selected to proceed in the recruitment process will be contacted.
Tealbook is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the requirements for the position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.